This delicious banana and peach smoothie recipe is insanely easy to prep and tastes amazing. It has just 3 ingredients and doesn’t contain dairy, which means it’s super-simple and suitable for vegans or people who are lactose intolerant.
In this article – we share a quick and easy banana and peach smoothie that tastes amazing and is packed with nutrients.
We love fresh fruit smoothies – they’re refreshing, filling, and count towards our 5-a-day. This peach recipe is no exception – it’s sweet, healthy, and can even double as a smoothie bowl dessert.
When we were researching peach smoothie recipes, we found that most of them contained added sugar. They either included honey or spoonfuls of the granulated stuff – this is crazy! Why would we want to ruin a healthy smoothie by adding extra sugar?
To be frank, bananas and peaches already contain plenty of their own natural sugars. This makes them both super-sweet and is part of the reason they taste so damn good! There’s really no need to add more – just use peaches that are ripe and your smoothie will taste incredible without any added sugar.
When Are Peaches In Season?
Peaches are in season between July and September – this is the best time to enjoy fresh ones. At other times of the year, you can use frozen or tinned peaches instead.
You can tell a peach is ripe when it smells sweet and is slightly soft to the touch. Leave them on the countertop to ripen at home – putting them in the fridge will slow the ripening process.
You might also like… this tasty peach melba smoothie recipe made with fresh raspberries.
Peach Smoothie Benefits
This vegan peach and banana smoothie is made using just 3 ingredients; banana, peaches, and almond milk.
- Banana – replenishes energy and electrolytes, as well as providing fibre and vitamin C.
- Peaches – are rich in vitamin C and fibre.
- Almond milk – most kinds of almond milk are fortified with calcium, vitamin D, E, B2 (riboflavin), and B12.
We prefer to make our smoothies without yogurt but you can swap the almond milk for some if you prefer.
You might also like… 3-Ingredient Banana Smoothie Recipes.
How To Make The Perfect Banana & Peach Smoothie
There are 3 tricks to making the perfect banana and peach smoothie…
- Use the right ratio of ingredients – you need 2 peaches for every 1 banana.
- Make sure it’s cold – either chill your fresh peaches beforehand, use a frozen banana, or blend with ice-cold almond milk or water.
- Ensure your peaches are ripe – so that your smoothie is sweet, flavoursome, and juicy too.
If you want to create more of a peach smoothie bowl, then halve the amount of liquid and sprinkle on some extra toppings (like nuts, seeds, or berries).
Recipe & Instructions
Here’s how to make this nutritious banana and peach smoothie…
- 2 peaches
- 1 banana
- 120ml (1/2 cup) almond milk or cold water
- Remove the stones from the peaches and peel the banana.
- Blend with almond milk or water and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220
We usually add spinach to our peach smoothies too. The sweetness masks the leaves yet you still get an extra dose of vitamins and minerals. But we know that not everyone shares our love of green smoothies so have left the leaves out of this recipe.
Feel free to experiment with whatever fruit and veg you have to hand. You might discover a new flavour combination that becomes your favourite! Here are some alternative ingredients and substitutions that work really well…
- Berries – raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries all work really well.
- Spinach – for a boost of vitamins and minerals.
- Orange juice – will make it even sweeter.
- Dairy-free yogurt – peach, berry or vanilla are all delicious.
- Oats – make it thicker and more filling (ideal for breakfast).
- Protein powder – vanilla blends well and adds extra protein.
- Nut butter – almond or peanut butter both work well.
- Lemon – try grating some lemon zest into your smoothie for extra flavour with zero extra calories.
Related Smoothie Recipes
Here are some other healthy smoothie recipes that you might like…
- Mango, Banana & Almond Milk Smoothie
- Pineapple Green Smoothie
- Peach Workout Smoothie
- 7 healthy orange smoothie recipes
- Peach Melba 3-Ingredient Smoothie
- Tangerine & Banana 3-Ingredient Smoothie
- Pear, Pineapple & Avocado Smoothie
- Passion Fruit & Banana Smoothie
- Carrot, Ginger & Apple Smoothie
- Mango & Blueberry Smoothie
There’s no need to peel your peaches before adding them, just make sure you’ve removed the stone. Even the most feeble blender will have no problems pulverising the skin so it makes no difference to the texture. People who worry about fertiliser build-up but can’t access organic fruit might prefer to remove the skin but its not something we personally bother with.
Bananas, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, mango, and pineapple all mix well with peaches.