This simple apple, berry, and banana smoothie is really easy to make with just three ingredients! We discovered it accidentally when trying to use up fresh berries and couldn’t believe how tasty it was. Since we always have apples and bananas in the house, it’s become a go-to smoothie recipe.
In this article – we share a 3-ingredient apple, banana, and berry smoothie that’s easy to make, packed with vitamins, and tastes incredible.
Plus it’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan too. So anyone and everyone can enjoy it! And the berries turn this smoothie a pretty pink colour so it’s also lovely to look at.
Apple Berry & Banana Smoothie Benefits
Packed with the natural sweetness of apple, the vibrant tang of berries, and the creamy smoothness of banana, this healthy smoothie is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to whip up.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? Well, they’re a great source of dietary fibre which aids your digedstive system. And rich in vitamin C too which is good for your immune system. But apples aren’t just good for your health – they add a delightful crispness and natural sweetness to your smoothie too.
Bananas provide a creamy texture to your smoothie while supplying an instant boost of energy. They’re a great source of potassium, which is essential for maintaining proper heart and muscle function.
Raspberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins. These tiny powerhouses add a burst of vibrant colour and a refreshing tartness to your smoothie.
Ingredients & Recipe
Here’s how to prepare this quick and easy smoothie recipe for yourself…
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- a handful of raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cold water
- Gather Your Ingredients: First things first, collect your apple, banana, raspberries, and a small glass of cold water.
- Prep the Ingredients: Core the apple and cut it into chunks. Peel the banana and break it into smaller pieces for easy blending. Wash the raspberries.
- Blend Away: Toss the apple chunks, banana pieces, and raspberries into your blender. Pour in the water. Blend until smooth and creamy. If you prefer an even colder smoothie, you can add a handful of ice cubes.
- Serve and Enjoy: Pour your vibrant concoction into a glass. Garnish with a few extra raspberries if you fancy. Grab a straw and enjoy the fruity goodness!
Alternative Ingredient Ideas
Here are some alternative ingredients that would work equally well in this recipe…
- Frozen Berries – If fresh raspberries are not in season, frozen berries work brilliantly. They add a chill factor to your smoothie and make it a bit thicker too. Blueberries, strawberries, or mixed berries will all work well.
- Protein Powder – Add an extra protein punch by including a scoop of your favourite protein powder to turn this into a satisfying post-workout drink.
- Oat or Almond Milk – For a creamier texture and hint of nuttiness, you can substitute water with oat or almond milk.
So, there you have it, a luscious Apple, Berry, and Banana Smoothie that’s super-easy to prepare and delicious too. With just three ingredients, you can whip up a nutritious breakfast or refreshing drink that’s bursting with natural flavours and vitamins.
Related Smoothie Recipes
Here are some other healthy smoothie recipes with apple, banana, and berries that you might like…
- Apple & berry 3-ingredient smoothie
- Easy Banana & Almond Milk Shake
- Raspberry lemonade 3-ingredient smoothie
- Healthy apple, carrot & ginger smoothie
- 3 ingredient kiwi apple green smoothie
- Healthy Blueberry Protein Smoothie
Here are some of the most common questions we see about this smoothie recipe…
Absolutely! Prepare your ingredients the night before, store them in an airtight container in the fridge, and blend it up in the morning for a quick and hassle-free breakfast.
Of course! Feel free to experiment with strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries. Each brings its unique flavour to the mix.
While it’s a nutritious option, it’s best paired with a balanced breakfast for a complete meal. Consider adding some nuts, protein, or a slice of whole-grain toast for a fulfilling start to your day.
Nutrition Info You Can Trust
Our in-house associate nutritionist holds a Master’s degree in Human Nutrition, a bachelor’s degree in Sports Science and English, and a Diploma in Personal Training. She has over 15 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, working with leading health clubs, equipment companies, and one-to-one clients.