This delicious Thermomix Mango Smoothie is the perfect way to take advantage of mango season! With just three ingredients, it’s super-simple to prepare and ready in minutes.
In this article – we share a quick and easy recipe for making a mango smoothie in your Thermomix.
Mangoes make a fantastic smoothie base as their flesh is both juicy and thick in texture. This makes your smoothies more filling and improves their consistency too.
Making a Thermomix Smoothie With Mango
Our recipe uses just 3 simple ingredients – mango, banana, and almond milk (so it’s vegan-friendly). Feel free to swap out the nut milk for another flavour if you prefer. We’ve also included a list of alternative ingredients and substitutions at the end of this article.
Making a smoothie with a Thermomix works with fresh or frozen mango. Since it’s in season during early summer, this is the perfect recipe when you need a refreshing drink. Because it’s quite thick, it’s incredibly satisfying and provides a decent boost of energy if you’re tired.
- Mango - 1 cup of flesh (fresh or frozen)
- Banana - 1, peeled (fresh or frozen)
- Almond milk - 125ml or 1/2 cup
- Peel the banana and scoop out the mango flesh.
- Place into the Thermomix bowl and add the almond milk.
- Blitz on speed 8 for 1 minute then check the consistency.
- Blitz for a further 1 minute if needed (usually only required when using frozen mango or banana).
Alternative Recipe Variations
There’s more than one way to make a smoothie so this section contains some alternative ideas. We like to keep things quick and simple which is why we only include 3 ingredients. But you may like to add your own twist with others so here are some suggestions…
- Fresh mint – mint and mango are an excellent flavour combination which gives the smoothie an even fresher slant.
- Orange juice or water – are perfect alternatives to nut milk that’ll keep you smoothie refreshing and hydrating.
- Chia seeds – provide an extra boost of nutrients including fibre, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Ice cubes – will help to chill your smoothies (great in the height of summer or if you’re using room temperature mango.
- Plain yogurt, cottage cheese, or ice-cream – we’re not big fans of dairy but if you are then these would all ramp up the creaminess.
Do you have other suggestions for making the perfect mango smoothie in a Thermomix? We’d love to hear your ideas and add them to this section!