This healthy tangerine smoothie is bursting with vitamins and tastes delicious too. Tangerines are a sweeter alternative to oranges, with their own unique flavour. They’re a healthy snack for kids and adults alike, but often overlooked in smoothies.
In this article – we share an easy 3-ingredient tangerine smoothie recipe that’s packed with nutrients and tastes amazing.
This recipe is really easy to prepare, all you need is some tangerines, kale, and banana. The banana gives it a velvety texture, and a slightly creamy edge too. The sweetness of the tangerines balances the kale and helps to enhance the flavour.
Tangerine Smoothie Benefits
This tangerine smoothie is incredibly nutrient-dense. It only contains 214 calories, yet provides over 200% of your daily vitamin A and C requirements. Plus an incredible 685% of vitamin K! These vitamins support your immune system, eyes, skin, and bone strength.
Tangerines are only in season for two months, between December and January. Kale however is in season for much of the year, between September and March.
This makes winter the ideal time to try this recipe, especially during the Christmas and New Year period. If you have leftover tangerines from festive stockings, then blending them in a smoothie is a great way to use them up.
Ingredients & Recipe Instructions
So simple, yet so healthy, this smoothie contains just three ingredients…
- 2 tangerines
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of kale (or other leafy greens)
- Peel the tangerines and banana, and wash the kale.
- Add everything to the blender, along with a little water.
- Blend thoroughly until the kale leaves have disintegrated.
Making this smoothie recipe with frozen banana instead of fresh will add an extra level of creaminess to the texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 7gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
Alternative Ingredient Ideas
- You can swap the tangerines for similar citrus fruits like satsumas or clementines.
- Using spinach instead of kale works just as well.
- Frozen banana instead of fresh adds an extra level of creaminess (without any yogurt or milk).
You might also like… 7 Super-Simple Orange Smoothies That Taste Amazing.
Related Smoothie Recipes
Here are some other easy and delicious smoothie recipes that you might like…
- Raspberry lemonade 3-ingredient smoothie
- Pear avocado pineapple 3-ingredient smoothie
- Healthy passion fruit banana 3-ingredient smoothie
- Healthy carrot apple ginger 3-ingredient smoothie
- Coconut pumpkin 3-ingredient smoothie
- Strawberry cheesecake dessert smoothie
- Blueberry raspberry smoothie bowl
- Mango blueberry spinach 3-ingredient green smoothie
- Apple berry celery 3-ingredient smoothie
We hope you like our super-simple tangerine smoothie. Have you got a smoothie recipe to share? Get in touch via social media and we could feature your recipe!