Looking for a delicious oat milk protein shake for before or after a workout? Our tasty recipe is the perfect choice. With the creamy goodness of oat milk and the added benefits of protein powder, this shake is a quick and easy way to fuel your body.
In this article – we share a tasty oat milk protein shake recipe that’s vegan and dairy-free (with optional ingredient upgrades so you can tailor it to your preferences).
Oat Milk Protein Shake Benefits
For such a simple recipe, this shake certainly packs a nutritional punch. The base combo is made using oat milk and vanilla protein powder, both of which are fortified with healthy vitamins and minerals. You’ll see we’ve also included lots of extra ingredient ideas further down, so you can tailor the recipe with different fruits, nut butters, or spices.
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of the basic ingredients to begin with…
- Oat Milk – Oat milk is a nutritious dairy-free alternative that offers a creamy texture and a subtle sweetness. It’s a great source of fibre, vitamins, and minerals, including calcium and iron. It’s also the most environmentally-friendly plant-based milk to produce.
- Vanilla Protein Powder – Protein powder provides the necessary amino acid building blocks for muscle repair and growth. It also helps you feel fuller for longer, making it an excellent addition to your shake. Vanilla-flavoured protein powder is a delicious option for your healthy shake, while also being neutral enough to pair well with any other ingredients you might want to add.
We sometimes include affiliate links which means we get paid a small commission if you buy something through them (at no extra cost to you). This never influences which products we recommend – we only include suggestions that we love ourselves.
Ingredients & Instructions
Here’s how to make this delicious protein shake at home…
- 1 cup of oat milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Pour 1 cup of oat milk into the blender.
- Add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- Blend the mixture on high speed until smooth and creamy.
This recipe is delicious in its own right. But if you want to add other ingredients, there are lots of combinations that’ll work well. Here are some of our favourites…
- Cinnamon – For extra flavour with zero calories and no added sugar, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon into your shake before blending.
- Bananas – Add a ripe banana for a natural sweetness, thick creamy texture, and extra energy too.
- Protein Powder – Experiment with different protein powder flavours to transform this recipe – chocolate, Nutella, or mixed berry are all delicious with oat milk.
- Oats – Adding a tablespoon of oats to your protein shake will give it an extra boost of fibre and a thicker consistency, perfect as a satisfying breakfast smoothie (oats are a cheap smoothie ingredient too).
- Strawberries – Throw in a handful of fresh or frozen strawberries for a burst of fruity flavour (or use a strawberry and cream protein powder for a milkshake vibe).
- Nut Butter – Enhance the richness of your shake by adding a spoonful of your favorite nut butter, such as almond or peanut butter.
Indulge in the creamy goodness of our oat milk protein shake, packed with the nourishment your body needs.
We hope you’re inspired to try your own version of this shake at home. The simple combination of vanilla protein powder and wholesome oat milk will quickly become your go-to option for a nutritious boost. Tailor it to your preferences and let us know how you get on!
More Smoothie & Shake Recipes
Here are some other protein-packed smoothies and shakes that you might also enjoy…
- Almond Milk Protein Shake
- Tropical Coconut & Pineapple Shake
- Protein-Packed Cookies & Cream Shake
- Almond & Banana Protein Shake
- Tasty Mango Protein Smoothie
- Protein-Packed Peach Smoothie
- Coffee Protein Shake
- Nutritious Blueberry Protein Shake
- Chocolate Nutella Protein Shake
Here are some commonly asked questions we hear about oat milk protein shakes…
Yes, you can substitute oat milk with your preferred milk, such as almond milk or dairy milk if it suits your dietary preferences.
It is best to consume the shake immediately for optimal taste and texture. However, you can prepare the ingredients in advance and blend them when you’re ready to enjoy.
Yes! This recipe is vegan-friendly as long as you choose a plant-based protein powder.