This cookies and cream protein shake recipe is healthy, nutritious, and so easy to prepare at home! Made with just three ingredients, it’s the perfect post-workout pick me up.
In this article – we share a quick and easy cookies and cream protein shake that you’re sure to love.
Cookies and cream are a match made in heaven. Whether in milkshakes, ice-cream sundaes, or simply as a snack, they pair perfectly together. So, we decided to put a healthy twist on this classic combo and use it as the basis of a workout shake.
It’s delicious and protein-packed treat that’s perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings (without any guilt). It’ll fuel your body before or after exercise, so you’re able to train and recover at your best. The blend of creamy goodness and irresistible cookie flavour feels indulgent but is actually really healthy.
Healthy Shake Benefits
So, let’s dive straight into the ingredients in this cookies and cream protein shake, along with their benefits…
- Cookies and Cream Protein Powder: This star ingredient not only provides a rich and authentic cookies and cream flavour but also delivers a generous dose of muscle-building protein. Protein powder is a must for any fitness enthusiast looking to refuel post-workout.
- Soya Milk: Soya milk adds creaminess and additional protein to the shake while offering a dairy-free alternative for those with lactose intolerance or dietary preferences. Soya has the highest protein content of all the plant-based milks which is why we use it, but you can choose a different one if you prefer.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt provides even more creaminess to the shake and further contributes to its protein content too. It’s packed with probiotics, calcium, and essential nutrients, making it a healthy addition. Yet it adds a little indulgence to the taste and texture too!
Making this Cookies and Cream Protein Shake is a breeze. Here’s how:
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of cookies and cream protein powder
- 1 cup (125ml) soya milk
- Add the Greek yogurt into the blender, followed by the protein powder and then soya milk.
- Start your blender on low and gradually increase the speed.
- Blend until all the ingredients are fully incorporated, and your shake reaches a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Pour your Cookies and Cream Protein Shake into a glass or protein shaker and enjoy!
Alternative Ingredient Ideas
- If you prefer a thicker shake, you can add more Greek yogurt or ice cubes.
- For extra sweetness, drizzle in a touch of honey or add a ripe banana.
- If you don’t have cookies and cream protein powder, try almond hazelnut or strawberries and cream instead.
- Or use vanilla protein powder blended with some Oreo thins.
- You can also toss in a handful of spinach or kale for added nutrients without compromising the taste.
So, now you know exactly how to make your own cookies and cream protein shake at home. It’s a tasty and nutritious way to satisfy your sweet tooth while fuelling your body with the goodness it deserves. Whether you enjoy it as a post-workout treat or a guilt-free dessert, this shake is sure to become a firm favourite.
More Smoothie & Shake Recipes
Here are some similar smoothie recipes you might also like…
- Protein-Packed Nutella Shake
- Banana & Almond Milk Protein Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Mango Protein Smoothie
- Coffee & Banana Protein Smoothie
- Easy Blueberry Protein Smoothie
- Classic Almond Milk Protein Shake
How can I ensure the protein powder blends fully without clumps?
To prevent clumping, add the yogurt first and then the protein powder so it doesn’t get stuck to the blender jug. Then add the liquid ingredients on top, which will help to distribute the powder evenly, making it easier to blend smoothly.
Can I use regular milk instead of soya milk?
Yes, you can use any milk of your choice, whether it’s dairy or plant-based. But soya has the highest protein content of the plant-based alternatives.
Is this shake suitable for post-workout recovery?
Yes, it’s perfect as a post-workout shake! With its protein content, this cookies and cream recipe is an excellent choice for post-exercise recovery, helping your muscles rebuild and repair.