This roasted carrot and parsnip soup is filling, vegan-friendly, and super-easy to make. It’s the perfect lunch on a grey day that’s packed with nutrients and a gorgeous colour too. For a healthy yet satisfying meal, you can’t beat a homemade soup.
In this article – we share a super-simple roasted carrot and parsnip soup recipe made with just five ingredients.
Making soup is a fantastic way to use up vegetables or leftovers in the fridge. No matter how old or wrinkly your parsnips are, they can always be added to a tasty soup.
It’s also a great way to use up small amounts of veg from a roast dinner. You know, when it’s not enough to make a whole new meal but you don’t want it going to waste.
This healthy carrot and parsnip soup is dairy-free and suitable for vegans. With just five everyday ingredients (plus a dash of salt and pepper) you can whip up a delicious, nourishing, and filling bowl of goodness.
How To Make Carrot & Parsnip Soup by theblendery on Jumprope.
Easy Carrot & Parsnip Soup Recipe
Here are the exact steps to making this tasty soup recipe…
- 4 carrot
- 2 parsnips
- 1/2 small cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 litre of stock
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the carrots, parsnips, and cabbage.
- Place the carrot and parsnips on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Roast for 20mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a pan of water and make the litre of stock.
- Add the roasted veggies to the pan of stock along with the chopped cabbage.
- Simmer for 10mins until soft.
- Blend until super-smooth and enjoy!
Makes four large bowls of soup.
This soup makes 4 portions and will keep in the fridge for several days. We tend to eat two portions of freshly made soup as soon as it’s blended. The other two go in the fridge and just need reheating when we come to eat them a few days later.
Here are some ways you can adapt the recipe with different ingredients or flavours…
- Spice it up – add ginger, curry powder, coriander, or cumin for a spicy twist.
- Nutrient boost – incorporate lentils for a boost of protein, fibre, and iron.
- More veggies – add potato, sweet potato, swede, or pumpkin with the carrots and parsnips.
- Apple – pairs perfectly with root veggies and adds a new depth of flavour to the soup.
We hope you’ll love our simple soup recipe – let us know on social media…