This tasty Thermomix Banana Smoothie is simple to prepare and incredibly filling too. Because it involves just three everyday ingredients, this recipe is quick and easy to make in minutes.
In this article – we share a simple yet delicious recipe for preparing a banana smoothie using a Thermomix.
Bananas are the perfect smoothie base and combine well with most other fruits and veggies. They make your smoothies thicker, creamier, and more filling too.
Preparing a Thermomix Smoothie With Banana
Because we like to keep things simple, this recipe only has 3 ingredients – banana, cinnamon, and coconut milk. As well as being easy to prepare, this means that it’s suitable for vegans. It also works well with other flavours of nut milk like almond or cashew.
For a list of substitutions and alternative ingredients, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Preparing a smoothie using a Thermomix is incredibly easy because the machine is so powerful. You can use fresh or frozen banana chunks and the result will be equally smooth. Bananas are packed with vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrate which provides a quick energy boost on the go.
- Banana - 1, peeled (fresh or frozen)
- Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground
- Coconut milk - 125ml or 1/2 cup
- Peel the banana and place in the Thermomix bowl.
- Add the cinnamon and coconut milk.
- Blitz on speed 8 for 1 minute then check the consistency.
- Blitz for a further 1 minute if needed (usually only required when using frozen banana chunks or slices).
Alternative Recipe Variations
Everyone’s tastes are different so we like to include some variations and substitutions. Although our recipe only has 3 ingredients (because minimalism rocks) you might like to mix things up with different combos. Here are a few suggestions to get you started…
- Nutmeg or mixed spice – both add a different flavour dimension to a standard banana smoothie without adding sugar or calories.
- Peanut butter – because PB and banana are bestest buddies that work together like a dream.
- Mango – swap the cinnamon for more fruit (see our mango Thermomix smoothie recipe here).
- Berries – rich in antioxidants, these little powerhouses will ramp up the nutritional content of your smoothie.
- Coffee granules – for a creamy coffee smoothie swap the cinnamon for coffee granules (blend them straight in).
- Other plant-based milks – almond, cashew, hazelnut, and rice milk would all work well.
Do you have other suggestions for making the perfect banana smoothie in a Thermomix? We’d love to hear your ideas and add them to this section!